Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Double Dog Dare Ya Challenge Update

I am doing well for the most part.  There were 2 days that I went over my allotted calories by 100.  That's what happens when you can't tally til the end of the day.  Seriously...at work there is no time for anything extra.  No chit chat, no nothing.  I am so nose to the grindstone just trying to keep my head above water while learning this new position, it's not even funny.  I would seriously come in early and work through my lunch and even stay over if they'd let me.  I am a firm believer in doing what it takes to get the job done and it drives me bonkers to know I'm barely getting the minimum done.  I've brought it up with the person training me and my boss...but without success.

With the exception of the two days I've been over (and neither have been since Halloween), the rest, I have been under by a couple hundred calories.  That is good to know that once I get to my goal weight, I can feel satisfied eating only the calories I should.  The water intake is steady just at 64oz....no more no less.

So with all that going well, the scale went up!  Yesterday (one week into the challenge) I was at 197.  It really makes no sense.  According to The Daily Plate, at my current weight and activity level I should be consuming almost 1800 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week.  I haven't hit that since the challenge began.  On my highest calorie day it was 1680.  So...why does the scale go up when in reality I'm averaging 1100 cal/day?  It had to be my monthly visitor...because the math just doesn't add up.

*sigh*  Hoping to see a big drop this week now that she's gone.

3 comments:

  1. Oh lord, none of it makes sense to me. I hope the scale is nice to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i'm not a bander, and that may change everything. But, be careful, because i do know that eating too little can actually cause you to gain as well. It was a common problem i fought when i went through my weight loss. Your body reacts as though its in starvation mode and clings to any and all extra calories if you don't consume enough. So make sure you are getting the calories you need! They preach simple math ( i.e. calories in, calories out) but its really not that simple! LOL. Hang in there lady! YOu WILL get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what's going on - could be a number of things.. I just hope your scale starts giving you some love real soon!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete