Sunday, May 15, 2011

Once Again

Hubster graduated from EOD school just over a week ago.  I'm so proud of him!!  It was a very trying and challenging year for both of us.  One I think we are both glad is over...but now on to new adventures.
We're moving to the northeast in just two weeks!  I'm a jumble of emotions...but stressed seems to be at the top of the list.

I'm sad, too.  Sad that we're not going back to Kansas.  Sad that I'm giving up a really great job where I really love the people I work with.  That also adds to the stress...once again being unemployed.  Send some good vibes that something will be available at the clinic at our new duty station.

I'm angry.  Angry that I have to give up this great career opportunity, once again, for his career to advance.  I'm angry that, once again, I am forced to move somewhere I really don't want to go, where I know no one, and will have learn to adapt and help the kids adapt....alone.

I'm worried.  I'm worried because I know how dangerous this new job of his is.  I know families who's loved ones have been seriously injured and killed in this field.  I'm worried because this will be my daughter's 5th school and she'll be in 5th grade (she went to the same school from preK - 1st grade).  She's painfully shy and changing schools is very hard on her.

I'm hopeful.  We will be at our new location for 4 years.  I can actually unpack all the boxes this time.  I can hang pictures on the wall and make our next house a home.  We will be in an area that offers much to see and do and I hope to see and do as much of it as possible.  I hope the kids enjoy it as well.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to see you go but I am very glad we had a chance to meet. Moving is never easy, but it can be an adventure. Go and see as much as you can in Maryland. It is a very beautiful state. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete