Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just Another Pop In Post

I just realized it's been a while since I posted anything.  I'm still here.  There's just nothing new to report.  Still no job, still no fills, and the scale hasn't moved.

I'm 4 1/2 months post op and stuck at a measly 22 lb weight loss.  It's frustrating because I really wanted to be double that at this point and really hoping to make goal by the time my one year bandiversary rolled around.

At the same time though, I have to be thankful  I'm hovering, because if I continued to lose weight, I'd be running around naked.  Without a job there's no room in the budget for shopping.  So I guess I'll just be happy with the status quo and thankful that I haven't gained.

I am going to admit, I'm pissed that I didn't get the job with the 3.5 hour interview. 
A)  I missed out on 10 days with my family for the first interview with that company.  My son hasn't seen his grandpa since Christmas because I chose to go to the interview and cancel our summer vacation.
B)  Because the interview ran 1.5 hours longer than they scheduled, I was unable to pick my daughter up on her first day of school.  I was frantically calling the school and my next door neighbor to make sure she could ride the bus home.  I got home minutes after the bus dropped them off and asked about her day.  Her words were: "Why should I tell you?!  You didn't pick me up like you said you would."  OUCH!
C)  Because I'm apparently nuckin futs delusional because I thought both interviews went well!
D)  Screw them!  They're the ones missing out on an awesome nurse!

I had an interview yesterday with a nursing home.  I feel destined to be stuck in nursing homes....it's where I started out 15 years ago as a CNA wiping butts and giving showers.  I became a nurse so I didn't have to do that anymore and I don't like doing the nurse thing at a nursing home because I'm pretty non confrontational...I hate telling other people what to do.  Especially when they should know what they have to do.   I have a second interview tomorrow with the Director of Nursing.  It's a part time gig, but that may be a blessing, as they are willing to work with my schedule.  I may be able to get out of the whole every other weekend thing...or at least Saturdays.  Munchkin has games every Saturday for the next two months.

Speaking of which they are having a fundraiser and it ends on August 31st.  If you are interested, it's Pampered Chef and delivered directly to your door.  Just enter CAYA/Angel Sieb as the host.  If you've never ordered Pampered Chef, you can't go wrong with the $1 citrus peeler or their ice cream scoop!  It's seriously the best ever!  LOL  And the stoneware can turn anyone into the perfect baker!
CAYA Cheerleading Fundraiser

3 comments:

  1. Hi D, I will let you know about our adventures. Good luck with the job. You sound so down, I wish I could give you a hug. Oh wait, I can! I will be in touch when my grand kids go home next week. I really would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly too bad about the interviews... I am sorry. I would be mad, too...

    I have felt pretty stuck and disappointed in my weight loss lately also. I am finally getting out that funk, though. Hopefully you can, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that they obviously liked you and had a tough decision to make...nobody interviews that long if they don't think you're a serious contender.

    Good luck, you'll find something. Just remember when you go for an interview, they'd be damn lucky to get you, so put that self confidence across. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete