Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All American Reject

That's me!  I received the official email of rejection for the one single interview I've had here in the nearly 2 months I've been searching for a job.  I'm not going to lie, I'm seriously disappointed because I have the experience, excellent references and really thought the interview went well.  Add to that the guilt I have for cancelling our trip back home to drop Munchkin off and just meeting my mom in Nashville instead.  Monster totally got gypped out of summer fun on the farm with my parents and my parents got gypped out of time with Monster, especially my dad, who won't be able to come down with my mom when she brings back Munchkin.

I'm doing my best to be positive, to let go and let God and believe the people who believe it just wasn't the right job for me and that He has something much better in mind.   Well, I hope that something comes to fruit really soon because my Type A personality can't deal with the bills that are piling up.

Yesterdays News:
Yesterday I weighed myself and saw 191...Seriously?!  I was pretty sure it was a fluke, as I know what I've been eating and it wasn't the right stuff this weekend.  Plus an 8 pound loss in 4 days....not likely, especially without excercise.  But I had to take Kaisa back to the vet 45 minutes away and didn't have time to check out the scale.

I weighed again when I got home from Kaisa's 6 hour vet appointment and it said 181......definitely wonky!!  Turns out one of Monster's little marbles was stuck under the scale and made it a little off balance.   So with the marble removed, the scale showed a more accurate number.   Still stuck at 199 going on week 3 again.    1 pound a week wasn't great but at least it was continuous loss.  This taking 3 weeks to lose just 1 pound is really for the birds!! In order to combat it, I'm going back to counting calories.

Other news:
I finally got Kaisa to eat something last night.  It wasn't much, but it was more than she'd eaten in the previous 60 hours.  Unfortunately, the cat likes what I'm feeding her, too, and she was showing some food aggression, which she's never done.  Usually she just gives him a look of "Why do you insist on eating out of my bowl?".  Last night she actually barked, growled, showed teeth and went after him.  So I gave the cat some in his dish to try to prevent it from happening again.

A Swimwear Recommendation:
Because of how long Kaisa's vet visit was going to be, I didn't want to drive the 45 minutes home, back to get her and home again, so Monster and I decided to go to the beach.  I hadn't brought any beach stuff with us, so we went to target.  I picked up a Merona Tankini Top and boy shorts (in a size 16!!).  The tankini top is awesome!!  It totally hides the jelly belly I have and with it's racerback gives great support to the girls.  I like that the boyshorts are a bit longer than most other boyshort bottoms I've tried....almost like short bike shorts but without showing the cottage cheese ass.  So if you're looking for a good suit, I recommend giving it a try. 

I hope you all have a great week!  I'm off to apply for a waitressing position at Cracker Barrel.  No worries about eating anything there as the only thing I ever get is chicken and dumplings and I can't handle the dough anymore....so it might just be a good fit!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your interview, I am sure you will find something soon! I want that marble under my scale.. lol.

    ReplyDelete