Sunday, July 18, 2010

Do Your Boobs Hang Low...

Just a couple NSV's:

Wednesday night at church, a friend asked me if I had lost weight!  Seriously?!  This person has only seen me twice a week for about 4 weeks!  She said she noticed it along my chin/neck.  Yay...I a chin....not two chins! :-)

I also bought my first strapless bra in years...in a 38D!!!  Prior to surgery I was a 40DDD!  When you've go bazonga boobs that big, there is no strapless bra in the world that is going to give you the support you need to get away with wearing spaghetti straps and I'm just not hippie/white trash enough to go braless now and for sure not at that size.  If I did, every where I would go people would be singing:

"Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro?  Can you tie them in a knot?  Can you tie them in a bow?"  Because um, yeah they do and yeah I probably could as with the weight loss they're pretty deflated!  Thank goodness for great bras that make them look good in clothes though!  LOL



Hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine was super-stressful as we almost lost Kaisa.  She spent the night in the hospital getting IV electrolytes (NaCl) and Hetastarch.  They couldn't give her plasma as they would have gone right through her.  The Hetastarch is a larger molecule and was enough to get her stabilized enough for her appointment tomorrow.  She lost 3 pounds since July 3, is anorexic, emaciated and was dehydrated as yesterday morning she also refused to drink or eat ice (which she usually considers a great treat).  The two attending vets agree with our vets from KSU that it is likely EPI and SIBO.  Thankfully, there is a wondeful EPI support group and one of the ladies there is sending me the proper enzymes to begin treatment as after the hospitalization and lack of j.o.b., I don't have the funds to pay for the needed testing tomorrow and the enzymes ($90 for 12oz).

The breeder and I are going round and round right now and it's looking like I will likely be filing a small claims civil suit against her.  Reimbursement would be great, but it's the fact this is the second seriously ill dog we've received from her that the vets all agree both were genetic defects.  Her contract specifically guarantees the health of her dogs for 5 years against all crippling genetic defects.  So it's a breach of contract. 

The vet here who refused to consult with our vets from KSU, follow the recommendations they gave me, do any follow up testing of her own, or provide me with the antibiotics I requested that are standard treatment for SIBO will also be getting a copy of the bill as it's her negligence that led to last night's emergency visit.  I had done everything I could on my own, following the recommendations of our vets in KS and had already scheduled an appointment with a new vet for tomorrow.  Unfortunately, Kaisa was so ill yesterday I honestly didn't think she'd make it to tomorrow morning's appointment without intervention and stabilization.

I'm not a litigous person, but Kaisa is a member of this family and I can guarantee you if medical professionals had done my kids this way, it'd be on like Donkey Kong to say the least.  I don't expect any less from the veterinary professionals in the treatment of my furkid.

Still no word about a job....maybe tomorrow will be the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment