Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dreading Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my appointment with the nutritionist and doc for a fill.  I've been doing the food/drink log they ask for and do not want to turn it over to them!  I am going to get quite the lecture about what I'm eating that I shouldn't be.

Let's see theres the:
Little Debbie Cakes
Brownies
Chocolate Cake
Cookies
Doritos
Cereal w/ milk (although I don't think I'll ever give this up)
Not sure if this is a no-no but since he said I shouldn't eat bread, it probably is....I had a biscuit with sausage and gravy the other day for breakfast.

No wonder I haven't lost more weight, right?  But seriously, I don't eat that every day.  I'm chalking it up to the stress eating and the fact that I have some weird mind thing going on where I know I have to go to the nutritionist and should be eating super good to impress them, but the exact opposite is happening.  Upon deeper thought, I'm sure it will be revealed I have some issues and this self-sabotage means something...but I don't feel like going there right now.

Then there's also the issue that I'm not drinking enough water/fluids.  Always has been an issue with me though being direct care staff in health care.  We can't have it around patients, patient charts, etc. and we don't have time to hang out in the break room.  Not to mention there's no time to pee!  But I've been trying to do better to get taht 64oz in....still not there but it's a work in progress.

Probably the best thing on my little intake sheet is the "Smart Ones" Sante Fe Chicken from their Bistro line.  It's 140 calories, 20g of protein and actually tastes pretty darn good.  Now if I could only eat those every meal every day....could some of you who don't mind eating the same thing day in and day out pass that on to me?

So in order to combat my horrible choices, I am religiously following "The World According to Eggface".  Lots of great recipes and her little egg bites are awesome and portable (but they stuck to my mini muffin pans in a way that they could not be saved and I need new ones...anyone care to donate?)  If you haven't checked out her blog, please do.  Just click on the image to your right.

So that's my goal for week #3....plan out a healthier, band friendly menu for the whole family and I'm using the above blog to get my recipes!

Oh...and I bought an excercise ball that I am trying to use as my new seat in the house because even just sitting takes musles....but how can you just sit when you're on a ball???  So more movement.  In fact, I've done sit ups two days in a row on it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the ball!! I couldn't imagine just being able to sit on one of those things!

    And, I know what you mean about self sabotaging! The minute I am told not to eat something - for whatever reason - that is the ONLY thing I crave!! Why do we do these things????

    Good luck on your visit and your fill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, D. Hang in there. Dr Freidman is there to help you. The new nutritionist is very nice too. Planning your meals should help considerably. I tend to eat the same things all the time. I usually have Oatmeal or yogurt in the morning. Hormel no bean chili or chicken salad with crackers or a small chef's salad for lunch. I have whatever I make for dinner, but just 1 cup of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete