Monday, January 3, 2011

Step by Step

Well, with it being a new year and all, I've decided I'm going to take this banded life by the horns and really work it this year.  But we all know too many big changes all at once will cause feelings of being overwhelmed, frustrated, etc. and result in giving up on said goals.

So to combat this, I'm taking the advise of a nurse I worked with who lost 50lbs on her own and kept it off.  I'm making one positive change a week.  I can make one change per week as it takes doing something 16-24 times for it to become habit.


This week my positive change is to consume at least 64oz of plain water daily.

I chose this as my first goal because consuming the recommended amount of water is good for us in so many ways!  One simple change with many long lasting benefits, some which become apparent right away....and we all like that instant gratification! :)

So here's to 52 healthy new habits this year!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to look at things! One step at a time! i still find myself having to step back and remember the basics that easily slip out of habit. You WILL succeed at this! So proud of you for keep going at it. Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I love it. I'm sure you will come up with quite a great list by the end of the year. I can't wait to read them all. I got all my water in today - sometimes it's a real challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea :o) And easy to accomplish as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh great idea! I hope you're doing well with it my lovie!!

    ReplyDelete