Thursday, September 30, 2010

As Luck Would Have It

The appointment I thought I cancelled in fact was still on the books.  So I am going today to get my second fill since surgery.  Yes, finally at almost 6 months post op, I am getting a second fill.   I wonder will there still be 3cc still there from my fill in May?  Will it have evaporated?  Is that why I quit losing weight and *gasp* started gaining back?  Will a fill today get me back on the road to weightloss?  How am I going to feel afterwards?  Have I screwed up my band, stretched my pouch?  Am I going to get a lecture for not following up? If so, I'll lecture back about needing to line his pocket with my $250 program fee (that only covers the pre-op stuff I've already done).

I  will admit, I'm kind of scared.  It's been so long since I've had any real restriction or survived on a cup of food or less at meals.  It's been ages since I've gone 4 hours without eating and not be hungry.  If I go 4 hours without food, I'm stomach growling hungry. 

Maybe I am having second thoughts about being banded . It's going to  get real expensive if I have to fork over these unnecessary program fees every time we move and I'm forced to find a new bari doc.  Around here those fees ranged from $250-$400.  And we all know those aren't covered by insurance and are on top of our co-pays.

Anyhow, here's a little graph on my weight loss adventure since being banded:

My Weight Chart:
Weight Chart

It's still a long way down to goal!!

Speaking of appointments, I just scheduled a dentist appt. for Munchkin.  She has a tooth coming in on the top right side where her molars are.  The problem is she hasn't lost the baby teeth there so it has formed a huge lump on the side of her mouth there, since there is no room for it.  She goes in Tuesday at 11:00.  Honestly, I'm a little scared for her as it might mean they pull two....and I'm sure it means we're getting really close to the whole braces talk.  YIKES!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your fill. Dr. Freidman is a very nice guy and so are his nurses. I guess they all have their protocol to follow with new patients. That is what sucks about having to move all of the time. The only thing I dislike about the fills is the stinging of the novacaine. I go in in two weeks for my 3rd fill. I am losing 1- 1 1/2lbs a week. It is very slow for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was okay with only losing a pound a week. Heck, I even dealt with just maintaining and not gaining. But I'm gaining now and that's not cool.
    And girl, you've done amazingly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having only 1 fill, it's amazing you have lost anything.... fills can be expensive but they are necessary for the band to work properly. I am self-pay, so believe me, I feel the pain every time I get a fill.

    ReplyDelete