Monday, February 15, 2010

How Do You Eat an Elephant?



One bite at a time!

My "elephant" is the new eating habits I need to adopt for my healthier lifestyle and I started eating my "elephant" this morning. My pre-op diet doesn't officially begin until March 7. However, it is a drastic change from my current "see-food" diet. So I'm trying to ease into it. This week I am following the breakfast and snack portion of the diet. Next week I will do the breakfast, lunch, and snack options and the week after that breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My breakfast options for this week are:

1 piece of Fruit or 1/2 cup canned Fruit in light syrup
--with--
8oz. of Milk, Lactaid or Soy Milk (Skim, 1% or 2%)
--OR--
1 Protein Drink
--OR--
6oz. of Light Yogurt

Snacks
Unlimited Sugar Free Gelatin, Sugar-Free Popsicles, Broth, Dill Pickles, Plain: Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Radishes.


I'm also supposed to take in at least 64oz of fluids such as water, zero calorie flavored water, Crystal Light, Sugar Free Kool-Aid, Diet Decaf Soda, Decaf Coffee and/or Decaf Tea with or without sugar substitute.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I managed to mess up breakfast this morning because I had a banana and 6oz of light yogurt because I didn't look at my sheet before eating. GRR! That's okay, tomorrow I'll get it right!

I'm also going to work to get my 64oz of sugar-free, caffeine-free liquids in. But first, I need to use up the Starbucks House Blend I already have because I don't want to waste it and I'm the only coffee drinker in the house.

Now, since I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, I must also admit that I am very much in love with International Delight's "Caramel De Leche" coffee creamer. Really, a tall mug of coffee with 2-1/2 tbsp of that creamer is my 100 calorie breakfast most days. I really have to have my flavored creamer!

So, banded coffee fans, what is your go to sugar free creamer? Can I get that creamy caramel-y goodness I so enjoy by using SF flavored syrup and 1/2% milk?
Yes, I did say half percent milk...I just can't get down to skim...it's like milk flavored water. YUCK!

So coffee lovers, spam me!

No comments:

Post a Comment