Tuesday, February 16, 2010

That's a No Go!

Actually, it's going right back to GNC! The hubster and I went out this weekend looking for protein shakes that meet the dietary requirements set by my surgeon. Basically it needs to have no less than 15 grams of protein per serving and no more than 5 grams of carbohydrates. So the gal working recommended Designer Whey, which is what they use on "The Biggest Loser".

Well, since I've decided to use this week as my breakfast change week, I broke out my little Magic Bullet Blender and mixed me up a Designer Whey protein shake in good ol' chocolate. OMG - DISGUSTING!!!!! I put it in the freezer for an hour hoping that making it super cold might improve the taste. <--Hey, it supposedly works for kids' medicine! It helped slightly, but not much! I choked it down as quick as I could and then chugged a ton of water to wash it down! It's sooo going back!

Luckily, the hubster picked up a thing of EAS 100% Whey Protein while we were at Sam's Club. It's vanilla flavored, but it tasted much better than this Chocolate Designer Whey. It also has more protein per serving and still under 5 carbs per serving as well. Guess it's what we'll be wading through since you know if we got it at Sam's Club it's the huge container! LOL

So, bandsters and other health nuts, what do you think is the best tasting protein shake?

No comments:

Post a Comment