Thursday, May 20, 2010

First Fill - The Day After

I went to my fill appointment (an hour away) just to find out the doctor had an emergency and would be an hour late.  They gave me the option of cancelling, but no way!
a)  I've been more than ready for this fill
b)  I drove an hour to get there
c)  I'm moving next week and don't know when I can get in with the new doctor

So I went back to my car and took a nap!  LOL  Went back in for try 2.  She had just gotten in and I was called back in no time.  She asked how I had been eating and told her while not as much before being banded more than I should be for sure.  She decided she'd fill me and we'd start with 3cc in my 10cc LapBand.  She said most people don't get to the "sweet spot" til about 7cc but if she gave me 7cc all at once I'd be back puking...and I'm sure she is right!

So they had me lay back, cleansed the port area with iodine.  Numbed me with a little lidocaine and then it was fill time.  It didn't hurt at all, but definitely is a weird sensation.  Not to mention it looked like an 18g needle....that's not small!  LOL  But she got it on the first shot and I didn't feel a thing.  The nurse gave me a bit of water which went down fine.  I was to be on mushies the rest of the day so I had the inside of a baked potato with sour cream and butter for dinner.

Today, I ate a small bowl of cereal at 7:45.  By 10:30 I was already hungry, so I ate a piece of string cheese.  Here it is almost noon and I am starving.  So I'm going to go make some lunch for me and Monster.  Dinner tonight is meatloaf, mashed taters and green beans...still trying to keep things a little mushy.

The docs gave me a copy of my op report and fill record to give to the new doc and I'm hoping to get in in 2-3 weeks, which is when the doc here recommended follow up.  Also according to them, I am down 16 pounds since my pre-op visit.  So here's to keepin on keepin on!

1 comment:

  1. I may consider a second fill when I go again to the doctor... I had my first fill on May 6th. He gave me 4cc and I feel some restriction but not enough. I am happy with my weight loss so if it's not broke don't fix it. *Maria*

    ReplyDelete