Saturday, May 15, 2010

S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D = D-E-S-S-E-R-T-S

Hello!  I'm  ~*D*~ and I am a stress eater....I'm an emotional eater.  And when I am stressed, I want the sweet stuff!  Little Debbie is my best friend!  Ever since I was a kid.  I even used to hide them in my room and binge so no one would know.  Yep, I guess that makes me a secret eater, too!

Anyhow, with the move, the house, the kids, etc. I think I'm pretty sure I'm almost stocked full on stress.  My eating habits have shown it as well.  I got some delicious cashew toffee from Love Abounds (check it out on Hyena Cart).  Half a pound...gone in one day!  Sugar, the simple carb, it melts in your mouth and therefore slides right through Miss B (my band).  At least the cashews provided some protein!  Anyhow the stress is wreaking havoc on my eating.  I am really trying to recognize the triggers, trying to utilize some self control and willpower, but they seem to hide when stress shows up. Wimps!

Also with the stress, I get insomnia, I clench my jaw and do it worse in my sleep that I wake up with a sore jaw.  I also get tummy upset but I think it's like dumping syndrome from the sugar overload.  Eventually, I'll start having really weird dreams too.  I had one last night, but can't remember it...I just remember waking up and thinking it was something weird to dream about.

So, now that you know I have ineffective mechanisms to deal with stress, how do you handle stress?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, D... I am watching my carbs and trying to eat mostly protein... i can handle the physical hunger but the emotional hunger... not so much. I don't know how to win the war but for now I just try to beat one battle at a time. Certain foods provide comfort to us and everybody loves comfort. i am now justifying the treats since they're sugar-free. Luckily, they put only 5 of those russell stover sugar-free pecan delights in a bag since 2 is a "serving"... Once I have 2, I'm like well... there's a odd one left so I'll have that... leaving 2 in a bag, seems like I may as well finish it, I don't want them to melt... They are sugar-free anyway? Justify my love... just like MaDonna... except at least the sex she's probably talking about is exercise? Keep the faith, You are your own destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words. I can totally do the same thing...justifying my love of sweets. Something must be working though because I was down a pound this morning despite the bad habits. I'm so glad I have Zumba this week! Last time I went, I dropped 4 pounds overnight and it's actually fun!

    Miss DizneDiVa are you a diva when it comes to finding great deals on Disney vacays? I need some help planning a Christmas visit for our family, my parents, brother and two nieces!

    ReplyDelete