Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 1

All I can say at this point is that it is amazing to not be hungry!!  Who would have thought it'd take 20 minutes to eat an individual cup of jello?  Which the only reason I'm eating is so that I have something in my tummy before I take my meds.

Speaking of which, I'm taking the lowest dose and I've only needed one dose so far today.  I am still a bit sore, feels like strained muscles.  Not so much pain with the breathing, so that is good.  I've been up and walking.  I'm folding laundry and putting it away...that's my big chore for the weekend.  Hubster is doing the washing and drying and carrying it up and down the stairs for me.

But I'm amazed at how this little thing is already working!  Hubster went to the store last night and came home with Krispy Kremes and my all-time crack-like addiction...lofthouse iced sugar cookies.  You know the ones where just one is like 300 calories?  yeah, haven't even been tempted!  That is a huge NSV because pre-band, I would have ate at least 3 last night and had another for breakfast!  Um, I did tell you they were a crack-like addiction!

So that's what Day 1 has been like.  I can take off the outter coverings and shower this afternoon, but will likely wait til before bed.  But so far, so good.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing fantastic!! I too didn't have any gas pains from the surgery. We are one of the lucky ones!

    Congratulations and..."Welcome to the Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the Bandster's"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo hoo! way to avoid the sweets :-)

    ReplyDelete