Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some whine with my cheese, please

It's post-op day 6 and I still flippin hurt!  Granted it's not as bad as it has been, but I still feel like I can't breathe right and that I have air getting stuck where the band is.  It's quite uncomfortable.  I also tend to get a hiccup or two after every sip and hiccups hurt bad, s does yawning. Today there's a burning sensation where my port incision is.  I'm trying to increase my water intake but our water has a funny aftertaste to it, even after being filtered.  I asked Hubster to pick up some bottled water for me last night, but apparently that was asking too much.

I also feel as if I've been sucked dry of energy.  I hit my point of "done" last night which I think peeved hubby off.  I went with our out of town guests to the Oz Museum and the Oz Winery yesterday.  We were gone about 3 hours total and nothing hard core.  But last night by 9, I was hurting, sore and tired.  I just wanted to go to bed.  I apologized to our houseguest for calling it an early night, told Hubster I was taking my meds, taking out my contacts and going to bed.  Then he has to come in after I'm half asleep and ask assanine questions like where is Monster going to sleep?  I don't really give a rat's ass...he can sleep wherever he wants as long as you guys leave me alone!!!

Hubster has been less than supportive through this.  He spent the weekend asking why I was trying to be a badass and only take the minimum dose of pain meds.  Why?  Because you're too busy working on the house to bother watching the kids who are still fighting and getting into stuff they know they're not supposed to be..  Yes, I asked you to take Monster to the dump with you because I don't think it's wise to leave him with me when I can't chase him, pick him up and am loopy from pain meds.  You ask what I let him get into?  I didn't let him get into anything...you're supposed to be watching him, remember?

Oh, and yes, I did call crying Tuesday because I was left alone with Monster, who knew I couldn't chase him, pick him up or really do anything to make him mind.  So yes, he ran wild and I wanted to drop him off on the steps of the first orphanage I came across.  I didn't get to take any pain meds that day to deal with the pain and naps were out of the question because we know Monster got his name honestly.  Yes, I was tired and wore out before you came home from work.  Yes, I was a cranky bitch who had company from out of town coming in a matter of hours, which you knew about and the house was a flipping wreck.  I probably overdid it because I did do the sweeping and mopping and attempted to vacuum as well.  When I have complications and it's taking longer to heal, that's because you, Hubster, are a heel!

Oh and I'm sorry I didn't make dinner.  But in case you haven't noticed, I can barely get my own nutritional needs met.  Man up!  You know where the grocery store is and how to work the stove, oven and microwave.  If that's too complicated, there's a grill outside that works and the weather is great for it.

Trying to keep up with 3 year old Monster alone has been a challenge.  I refuse to take the pain meds because of how loopy they make me when I am responsible for supervising him and my friend's 3 month old.  I gotta be at the top of my game for that!

I did finally sleep in my bed last night...it's the first since having surgery.  I had been sleeping propped up on the couch until then.  I slept much better than I had...and woke up a bit late this morning.  Meaning I woke up Munchkin late.  She did luckily get dressed, have breakfast and catch the bus but barely.  More bad mom awards my way!

6 comments:

  1. You're not being a bad mom...you're doing all you can and unfortunately, it sounds like (and i don't mean this in a terribly mean way) but your husband seems to have his head firmly planted up his own ass. You can't be expected to do everything and you are being a responsible parent by trying to stay clear and level headed and not be some doped up mom, endangering her kids. When i had my surgery, I told my husband straight up that it would be Fend For yourself for about 3 weeks (1 pre-op and 2 post op). You're right, he is a grown man and can do it himself and the kids. You can't be expected to do everything. Take care of yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie. He's miswired in the empathy/sympathy department for sure. I know he's worried about getting the house rented or sold, especially since he leaves in a few weeks. So he is a good husband, just has his priorities askew currently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. after my surgery i gave serious props to all the mom's who have had lb surgery! i could barely take care of myself, i don't know what i would have done with a child! so not matter what you are or aren't doing, just the fact that you have a child you are a hero in my eyes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh - so not a funny post - but you made me laugh. You poor girl. You need a surrogate Prince Charming for a while until you recover. Want me to send Drazil over to reorganize your hubby's ahem...priorities? Or cut his nads off? One or the other - you can choose. Smooches. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my DH is miswired in that department too. ;) Hang in there dear...i know you are wondering if its all worth it, but it is! When you get to that goal weight you have been dreaming of NONE of this will matter and you'll look back on it all and laugh! I feel horrible leaving fatty boy with you in the mornings because i know you are overwhelmed right now- but please know i appreciate it more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drazil - Thanks for the smile! Hubster is mowing and Monster is chasing him around with his bubble mower. I will survive...I think!

    Carmen- Thanks for the kind words!

    Kellie - Little Man is the easy one, trust me! A couple tickles, a bottle and diaper changes and he's good as gold! Monster is my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete