Friday, April 2, 2010

It's heeeeere

That was said in my best "Carol-Anne" voice from the movie Poltergeist.  That movie flipped me the fark out for the longest time....okay, so I'm still skeeved by it!

Anyhow, the day is here.  I'll be leaving in about 20 minutes to head to the surgery center.  Check in is at 7 with surgery scheduled for 8.   Hopefully, since I'm an early morning case, there won't be much delay.

The kids spent the night at a friend's house as we are having to leave here at o'dark thirty.  They're out of school today so they will spend the day playing away with their best friends.

Speaking of best friends, I want to say a special thanks to my dear friend, Kellie!  She's currently on her way to Vegas for a wedding she's in, but she was so sweet and got me a card to mark today.  In it she wrote:
"So excited for you and your new start on life!  I hope tomorrow is the starot of so much for you!"
How sweet is that?  It means even more because she herself lost 40 pounds while her husband was deployed and has kept it off, with the exception of pregnancy.  However, with her litttle man not even being 3 months old yet, she's a skinny minnie and looking fab!  Such a great inspiration and has shared some great Weight Watcher recipes with me.  So, thank you, Kellie!  I love you girl!!

Well, time to go!!!  This time I really will see you on the other side of Band Land!

9 comments:

  1. We'll all be thinking of you today. Here's to a smooth surgery and a new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you on the other side. Will be thinking about you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and scooching down on the Loser's Bench to make room for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! I said a prayer for you. Can't wait to hear how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck..saying a prayer for you right now!!!

    ReplyDelete