Sunday, April 18, 2010

Goals

Well, I met my first weight goal.  It took longer than some, but that's okay.  I'm not going to complain.  I've lost 18 pounds in just over 3 weeks.  That's not too shabby. 

Today I was able to put on my "working around the house" jeans without sucking in or using a rubberband to extend the waist.  Still a bit of muffin top, but better than it's been!

Also, since I was unable to actually walk in the March of Babies due to the change in my surgery date, I am planning to walk in the 2nd Annual "Autumn and Friends Memorial Fun Run/Walk".  It's a 2 mile walk up a huge hill on the golf course here.  My next door neighbor started this annual Fun Run/Walk in memory of her daughter, Autumn that passed away as an infant.  I'm hoping to walk it in less than an hour.  I used to be able to do 2 miles in 40 minutes or less, but this is uphill and not a treadmill....so adding a little time.  So it's time to get my buns in gear and get walking!

Other band news, I've had my first stuck/PB incident and all I can say is that it sucks!!!  No more chicken breast for this girl....and it wasn't even dry.

Oh and small grocery store victory today...I finally found a can of Amy's black bean chili!  Can't wait to try it!  Even have some cheese and sour cream to flavor it up with!

Update on Kaisa - she's running around almost as if nothing happened.  She slightly favors that leg but nothing like yesterday where she wouldn't even put it down.  We'll get it looked at tomorrow, just to be safe.
Here's a pic taken yesterday, her 4 month birthday.  She's such a tiny thing or at least seems much smaller than Kazak was at this age.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. 18 lbs in 3 weeks is awesome!!! I would hate to not be able to eat chicken breast. i;ve had no problems with that or steak, two things that a lot of people have issues with. Bagels and most bread are killers for me. I get stuck like nobodys business! Good luck on the walk/fun run...You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Stehpanie...I'm jealous! I love me some steak and I'm afraid I'm never going to get to eat it again. I may try chicken breast again, but maybe in a casserole instead of grilled so it's not as dry.

    ReplyDelete